Change and Growth through Tutoring
A tutor can be a vital element in your child’s academic support network. The years of adolescence signal tremendous change and opportunity for your child and family. Transition into high school or college can be unsettling and present multiple emotional and structural challenges to both teens and their parents. Students who performed well in middle school can slide into poor grades and procrastination when they start high school. Tutoring can provide a welcome stability and measured academic progress through these years.
- Does your child procrastinate on writing projects because they have trouble getting their ideas onto paper?
- Is grammar, spelling, or weak vocabulary a nuisance that keeps affecting your child’s grade?
- Can your child comprehend and remember what they’ve read?
- Does your child complete all their homework and then perform poorly on tests?
Your child needs a tutor!
Tutoring is a Resource
As students prepare for college, academic grades become increasingly important. Tutoring is a valuable resource for your child in high school and especially when they’re away at college. It is a time when they can ask questions and receive instruction they may be too shy or not know how to ask for in class. Most students are capable of doing their homework however they often need concentration in an area to fill in the gaps. I am able to address the following subjects as a tutor:
- English, writing essays and writing styles
- Vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation
- Social Studies and History
- Writing essays, analytical writing,
- Book reports, research projects, and term papers
I am familiar with many of the high school curriculums in the San Francisco Bay Area and can guide students through their class assignment process. I work with my clients using patience, creativity, and lots of encouragement while guiding their attention to the task at hand and teaching them techniques unique to their needs.
Adolescents respond well to my relaxed, upbeat personality and I am able to gain respect from them easily. I have over 18 years experience building relationships with teens and young adults and have helped hundreds of students succeed in the classroom, at home, and in the community.
If you would like to hear more about how I can help your child, click the button below to schedule a complimentary 20-minute consultation.
Serving all of the United States and California on-line and all areas of Marin County in-person in Kentfield and Ross Valley, including San Anselmo, San Rafael, Novato, Corte Madera, Mill Valley, Larkspur, Tiburon, and Sausalito as well as Petaluma and Sonoma County.